WPA_CLI: Difficulty switching from 1connection to another

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Aug 13 20:59:52 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 08:26:55PM -0700, George S. Lockwood wrote:

> (all different identities and passwords and each stored correctly in the
> config file).

I'm assuming AP1 is in network 0, AP2 in 1, an AP3 in 2 here..

> Case A.
> connect to AP1, then connect to AP2, then connect to AP3.

select_network 0
select_network 1
select_network 2

> Case B.
> connect to AP1, then connect to AP2, then connect to AP1.

select_network 0
select_network 1
select_network 0

> Case C.
> connect to AP1, change identify and password, then connect to AP1, change
> identify and password, then connect to AP1.

select_network 0
set_network 0 identity "user"
set_network 0 password "passwd"
reassociate
set_network 0 identity "user2"
set_network 0 password "passwd2"
reassociate

> I believe I've tried select_network 0, then select_network 1 and even
> select_network 0, then select_network 0 and that didn't even go through the
> process of connecting to the second attempt...just sat there.

Please always include a debug log when reporting this kind of problems.

> also someone wrote that html emails clutter the forum is that true?

Well, I don't know about others, but at least for me, a HTML encoded
attachment decreases the likelyhood of me seeing the message due to spam
checking and sending a message with HTML-only version (no plaintext)
drops the propability of me reading the message to about zero..