FreeBSD / TinyBSD hostapd 0.4.8 core dump / Segmentation fault

confero24.com | Gumstix Small Linux Computer gumstix
Sat Apr 29 04:47:32 PDT 2006

Jean, Sam & all on list,

I was able to upgrade tinybsd to 0.8 by cvsup on my FreeBSD 6.0-REL host.

This time I installed hostapd 0.4.8 by enabling it in tinybsd.basefiles
by listing hostapd and hostapd_cli in usr/sbin/* file list.

Compilation of tinybsd 0.8 with hostapd 0.4.8 went without probs.

hostapd 0.4.8 ran with a madwifi.conf file that I found somewhere on the
host, but there was none copied during Tinybsd installation on the
target.  It may be an idea for future to place a copy of madwifi.conf on
the target when hostapd is installed (either by ports or by enabling in
tinybsd.basefiles).

At this point I have successfully got WPA-PSK tested - everything looks
great.  Next step is to get WPA-EAP with bridging (ath0 + sis0) working.

Thanks for all the help

Jonas

--
Visit for best deals on WLAN hardware