[wpa_supplicant] send debug messages to syslog when daemonized

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn
Sat Sep 24 09:55:56 PDT 2005

I'm running wpa_supplicant on an embeded system and I badly need this
feature.

Here's my lame attempt to send debug messages to syslog when
wpa_supplicant runs daemonized.  I'm sure a better solution will be
available soon, but I had to have usable hack now :)

Should continue to run as it did before when run in foreground.

When daemonized, detailed debug messages are skipped.  No hexdumps, for
example.  No message will show up unless the '-d' option is specified on
the command line.  The presennce/absence of the '-B' option on the command
line will implicitly determine where the debug messages go.

  CONFIG_NO_STDOUT_DEBUG -> CONFIG_NO_DEBUG

continues to strip all debugging code.

Cheers,
Cristian