[wpa_supplicant] CONFIG_NO_STDOUT_DEBUG

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Sep 20 20:52:38 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 06:17:06PM +0200, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:

> Judging from the common.h comments:
>
>   * This function is used to print conditional debugging and error
>   * messages.
>   * The output may be directed to stdout, stderr, and/or syslog based
>   * on configuration.
>
> debbuging to syslog should be a configure option, but it it's not yet
> implemented. To make that work, more then one CONFIG_ option would be
> required, wouldn't it? Maybe something like:
>
>   CONFIG_NO_DEBUG
>   CONFIG_STDOUT_DEBUG
>   CONFIG_SYSLOG_DEBUG

I don't see much need for built time configuration between
stdout/stderr/syslog debugging. The main point of CONFIG_NO_STDOUT_DEBUG
is to be able to remove all the debug strings from the binary, so it
could be consider to be the CONFIG_NO_DEBUG case in your list. stdout
and/or syslog could be done as well as a runtime configuration (e.g.,
a command line option).