[wpa-supplicant] Wireless-extension v19

Jean Tourrilhes jt
Mon Sep 19 11:52:39 PDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 08:43:34PM -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:10:33PM +0200, Benoit Boissinot wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the comments, here is a revised version (tested with WPA2/RSN
> > and 2.6.13-mm2).
>
> This does not work with WE-18 and I would assume the same is true for
> the previous patch since the problem is in the changes in wireless.h. It
> looks like IW_EV_POINT_LEN changed and if wpa_supplicant is built with
> wireless.h from v19, older versions do not work. This is quite
> unfortunate.

	Attached is a revised patch. I took a slightly different
approach this time, just to make things more interesting. This patch
is not tested, not even compiled, but will give you some rough
idea. It should work for both WE-19 and WE-18, and should compile with
either WE-18 or WE-19.
	I believe the basic problem in the patch from Benoit is that
he did not fix appropriately the 'custom' pointer to point on the
event payload (more appropriately that he fixed it before it was
initialised).

> I did not realize that WE-19 is changing kernel-user space interface in
> a backwards incompatible way. If I had, I would have objected to it.

	By the way, SIOCGIWRANGE also change and may break your code,
I added code that should workaround those API changes. Last time I
broke the SIOCGIWRANGE API was...

	BTW, if you have more issues on the subject, would you mind
beeing more precise as to what fails ?

	Have fun...

	Jean