WPA-Enterprise and wpa_supplicant/hostapd
Mon Sep 19 11:22:20 PDT 2005
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Jason Carr wrote:
> I've been having some weird issues with wpa_supplicant connecting to
> EAP-TLS networks. At home I have hostapd setup, a reauth period of 300
> seconds, and I get disconnected every once and awhile. It likes to
> disconnect and go into scanning mode and never actually reauthenticates.
> I would think that if the access point requests a reauth from the
> client, the client would just reauth instead of dropping the port.
> [another supplicant] also seems to have a similar problem.
I noticed a simmilar problem with the wired driver. The senario is like
* the wired supplicant connected to a cisco switch
* wpa_supplicant is started and authenticates
* the switch opens the port
* now I take the supplicant plug out from the switch port
* wait a second and plug it back in
* the switch sends a EAP-Request (as it is supposed to)
* the supplicant can't mannage to reauthenticate
Shouldn't be difficult to reproduce in another environment, but I can
provide the debug log/trace if required.
More information about the Hostap