wpa-supplicant for adhoc networking?

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Mon Sep 19 01:26:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 06:09:05PM -0500, newbie wpa-list wrote:
> I would appreciate if someone from the developing guys could give me a
> hint which files could be interesting to look at for possible changes and
> what serious issues I might solve once I try to include / rewrite some
> code for getting the software working for my adhoc network.

what I'm doing is porting  wpa.h eapol_sm.c eapol_sm.h preauth.h
preauth.c wpa.c config.h config_ssid.h into hostapd code from
wpa_supplicant, patching it to make it compile.
This should be enough for porting wpa_supplicant state machines into
hostapd. then it will be necessary to instantiate some data structure
(like struct wpa_supplicant) to make the SM work.

When I make them compile I'll try to make a patch to wpa_supplicant code
for the CVS tree.

ciao,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address