hostap/hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new stable release v0.4.7

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Nov 20 20:08:24 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 11:01:13PM -0500, Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> Might it be possible to get a v0.4.7.1 with that change in place?

Sure, once I figure out what happened to my build system, I'll create
0.4.7.1 or the windows-bin package.

> (What I did when compiling 0.4.6 using Debian's mingw, was use the full
> path to Packet.lib instead of just saying -lpacket.  When it used the .a
> file, it tried to link against packet, but when it used Packet.lib, it
> tried to link against packet.dll.  Not sure if that helps, though.)

Interesting.. I worked around the problem by modifying .def file for
libpacket and just use -lpacket to get libpacket.a. However, I seemed to
have changed libpacket.a three weeks ago and the new version was one
that did not include this change. I just don't remember why I changed
it.. ;-)