Can't connect - looks like authentication times out

Tom throw_away_2002
Sun Nov 13 18:15:38 PST 2005

--- Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> > # wpa_supplicant -Dndiswrapper
> -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> > -iwlan0 -dd
>
> Which version of ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant are you
> using?

ndiswrapper 1.2
wpa_supplicant 0.3.9 (latest stable version, I believe)

> > The last 36 (or so) lines just keep repeating
> > (with minor changes in the hex dumps). The
> > client seems to see the access point (and the
> > access point sees the client as an "attached
> > device"), but somehow authentication never
> > seems to take place. Can someone explain why
> > not?
>
> Most common reason for message 1/4 being sent out
> repeatedly is a mismatch in PSK (e.g., in ASCII
> passphrase).

Checked the value in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf with
a dump of the netgear.cfg. They match (and I have
another device using the same passphrase that also
connects).

> What AP are you using?

Netgear WGT624.

> Can you get any event/debug log information from it?

I don't believe that it has any event logging. :(

Tom