Can't connect - looks like authentication times out

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Nov 13 14:28:03 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 12:46:22PM -0800, Tom wrote:

> Posted this a few days ago, but did not
> receive any replies, so trying again.

I don't remember having seen your earlier message in my Host AP folder..

> # wpa_supplicant -Dndiswrapper -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> -iwlan0 -dd

Which version of ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant are you using?

> The last 36 (or so) lines just keep repeating
> (with minor changes in the hex dumps). The
> client seems to see the access point (and the
> access point sees the client as an "attached
> device"), but somehow authentication never
> seems to take place. Can someone explain why
> not?

Most common reason for message 1/4 being sent out repeatedly is a
mismatch in PSK (e.g., in ASCII passphrase). Either the AP is not seeing
the reply (msg 2/4) or that frame is being rejected for some reason.
What AP are you using? Can you get any event/debug log information from
it?