Connection to DI-624 fails

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue May 17 19:26:59 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 11:58:53PM -0500, Jochen Antesberger wrote:

> I have a 3com Office Connect PC card (3CRSHW196, the one with the
> retractable antenna). I'm trying to connect to a DLink router (DI-624)
> using WPA-PSK but it won't work. I use the atmel driver from
> sourceforge, the latest wpa enabled firmware and the supplicant from
> debian testing. Kernel is 2.6.8 from debian. I've attached the the
> output that I am getting.

> Wireless event: cmd=0x8c02 len=29
> Custom wireless event: 'ASSOCINFO(ReqIEs='

I don't know whether this this is the only reason for problems, but at
least the ASSOCINFO event is missing the IE information. This is
something that should be reported on the atmel driver mailing list.

I have not used Atmel cards, so I do not know what to expect from them
or the driver. The scan results were getting somewhat mixed up with
other time outs and the first scan failed for some reason. I don't know
whether Atmel driver supports scan_ssid=1. Anyway, the driver was
reporting association, but no EAPOL-Key packets were received from the
AP after this.