Wpa_supplicant in WEP mode

Martin Samuelsson hostap
Wed Mar 16 12:06:32 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 06:48:55PM +0530, Manoj Kundwani, Noida wrote:

> Hi List,
> I am using wpa supplicant  in WEP mode .
>
> The  configuration file in /etc/wpa_supplicant file is
>
> Network
> {
> ssid="myDemo"
> Key_mgmt=NONE
> Wep_key0="abcde12345"
> Wep_tx_keyidx=0
> }

Is it? Really? With upper case initials on the configuration variables?
When I try something like that I get

	Line 372: unknown network field 'Wep_key0'.

as the startup error message.

> Now when I am running wpa_supplicant ,then I get these messages....
>
> Can plz anyone give some pointers on it.
> And also what changes should I make in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts

Since I can't even get wpa_supplicant to work with WEP for myself I'm
afraid I'm unable to help you aswell.

However try telling the list what hardware you are using and start
wpa_supplicant with the options "-dd" to get as much debugging
information as possible.

> Disclaimer:
>
> This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is
> confidential,proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers, privileged
> or otherwise protected by law.The information is solely intended for the
> individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended
> recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, forward,
> print,retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you
> have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> return e-mail and delete it from your computer.

Can't you please try not having crap like this in your mails. It does
nothing else than bringing people to believe that HCL Technologies is an
unserious business with employees that don't know how to use e-mail.
--
/Martin