AR5112 card working with madwifi-bsd, hostapd-0.4.1,wpa_supplicant-0.4.1(andopenssl-0.9.7g)

Beat Meier bmeier
Tue Jun 7 10:00:04 PDT 2005

and hansen schrieb:

>--- Jouni Malinen wrote:
>

>>Please note that I'm not aware of any problems with
>>entering passphrases
>>as ASCII passphrases for either hostapd or
>>wpa_supplicant. In practice,
>>I more or less always use this in the configuration.
>>wpa_passphrase
>>could be used to speed to the program startup a bit,
>>if that is of
>>concern, but that is the only real reason for using
>>it. When using PSK
>>as a hex string, one will need to remember to update
>>it if SSID ever
>>changes and any of the devices is using a
>>passphrase. As such, I would
>>recommend using passphrase as an ASCII string in
>>wpa_pasphrase field.

Jouni

This would be nice. In my case its impossible to use pwd: What do I wrong?
If I use acsii it doesn't connect. If I use psk with generated pwd it works.

Let me know if you want a logfile of server/client.

BTW: I use hostapd-0.4.1 with option -t but there is now timestamp in
not one message.
In wpa_supplicant-0.4.1 it works fine. What's wrong?

Thanks Beat

My wpa_config config file:
*********************

network={