Bypassing T-Mobile's web interface w/ wpa_supplicant...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jul 5 23:43:54 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 11:17:02AM -0700, Peter Losher wrote:

> Apologies if this has been brought up before, doing a quick scan of Google
> has revealed nothing so far.  Apparently T-Mobile has rolled out 802.1x
> security on their hotspots:

> which would allow me to authenticate my session at startup w/o using that
> pesky web interface of theirs.  However, reading their FAQ's, it looks like
> it's only available by running their "T-Mobile Connection Manager" which
> oddly enough, only runs on Windows. :(
>
> Has anyone come up w/ a wpa_supplicant config to interface with T-Mobile's
> 802.1x authentication layer?  Or is it likely we will be stuck w/ the web
> interface for the foreseeable future?

Do you know whether the new mechanisms is documented somewhere with
enough details to implement support for it? If not, could you or someone
else send a wireless sniffer log showing what the connection manager is
doing?