WPA-PSK won't exchange keys using interface - wifi0

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jul 5 14:40:04 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:20:17PM -0400, Tony Espy wrote:

> i've run into a problem where i can't seem to get wpa_supplicant to
> complete it's key exchange with an AP using WPA-PSK over the wifi0
> interface.  it works just fine if i specify wlan0 as the interface.

Using wifi0 interface for this is not supported, nor expected to work.

> we switched awhile back to using wifi0 for configuration of wifi ( ie.
> we start wpa_supplicant with '-iwifi0' ), and then use wlan0 as our main
> IP interface.  this allows our DHCP client (pump) to mark wlan0 UP or
> DOWN without interferring with the normal operation of the HostAP driver.

It sounds like you are trying to solve an issue with a workaround in the
driver and not by making the DHCP client act more sanely.