roaming with the wext driver when WPA isn't supported

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jul 5 08:49:04 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 12:26:33PM +0200, Olivier Blin wrote:

> However, the wext driver initialization currently fails with drivers
> that don't support WPA natively, such as the rt2500 driver. It makes
> the wpa_supplicant daemon to stop after wpa_supplicant_driver_init().
> It works fine if I disable WPA enabling in wpa_driver_wext_set_wpa(),
> but there ought to be some clean way to solve this issue.
> Would it be possible to keep running if WPA isn't supported?

This is on my to-do list. The plan is be to try to enable WPA support in
the driver and if this fails, just mark the capabilities information for
that interface to not allow WPA. This should be relatively simple
change, but I haven't yet had chance to do this.