senao NL-2511MP PLUS problem

Bruno Randolf bruno.randolf
Sat Jan 22 03:33:20 PST 2005

hello!

i dont know if this is the same thing, but i had a similar problem with two
seano nl-2511mp plus miniPCI cards sharing the same interrupt.

i fixed it by changing the hostap code to defer initialization of interrupts,
so that all devices have been reset properly before the irqs are requested.

this is a workaround for multiple cards that have to share the same hardware
interrupt line. when the system reboots, the firmware obviously still
generates interrupts even after a pci bus reset. these interrupts are never
acknowledged from the newly booted kernel, so the interrupt stays active.
when the driver initializes the first card, it tries to request this
interrupt from the kernel, but the second (not yet resetted) keeps the
interrupt high - this causes the setup_irq function in the kernel to hang
when it tries to restore it's spinlock (function spin_unlock_irqrestore),
dont ask me why.

the workaround is to reset both cards in the prism2_pci_probe as before, but
to request the interrupts later, after all cards have been reset properly.

a patch against hostap 0.2.6 is attached.

greetings,
bruno