Problems with WPA-PSK and madwifi driver

Jonathan Buschmann Jonathan.Buschmann
Mon Feb 14 08:21:58 PST 2005

Eduardo Mendes waxed wise and spake thus on 02/14/2005 04:58 PM:

>Hi ya
>
>Many thanks.
>
>I am not sure what to do.
>
>How can I be sure that wpa_client has succesfully authenticated?

Run it in the foreground with degugging on, and you'll see a success
message (or not)

>When I try dhclient atho, the system returns
>
>NO DCHPOFFERS received.
>No working leases in persistent data base sleeping.
>
>What funny is that etho can get the ip address from the same dhcp server
>
>without a problem.

Is the dhcp server directly connected to the wlan? If so is it
authenticated and connected properly? If not, how is it connected? OTOH
you said in a previous post that under windoze it works, so the other
parts of your net should be ok.

>Any ideas?

If your system uses ifup when it boots, you may want to see if there is
a dhclient on ath0 running already in the background. If so try killing
it first, do an ifconfig ath0 down, then ifconfig ath0 up, and then
wpa_supplicant, dhclient ath0.