txpower settings. (Ajeet)

Ged Haywood ged
Wed Feb 9 09:49:22 PST 2005

Hi there,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 Ajeet wrote:

> I am building a WLAN testbed(2 prism2 based APs and one prism2based STA)
> in a small room, so need to reduce the power of APs so i can do
> handover in a small room while moving away from one AP to the other AP.
> So what do i need to do to reduce trasmitt power of APs.

I think you might need to do more than reduce the AP transmit power,
since you would not be reducing the AP receiver sensitivity at the
same time.  It might be better to put a simple divider network between
the antenna and the AP.

You could also try for example simply using a dummy load instead of an
antenna on the APs.

73,
Ged.