hostapd 1.3.5, madwifi, internal EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 w/ WinXP supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 6 22:46:34 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 09:39:54PM -0800, Coert Vonk wrote:

> It now appears to disagree during MSCHAPV2

Invalid NT-Response usually means that the peer and the authenticator
did not agree on the password..

> I included the updated config and users file.  Sometimes it appears to
> be looking for the username without the PC name, and other times it
> includes the PC name.  I added both to the users file to be sure.

Do you mean domain name with "PC name"? How did you enter the user
name/domain/password? Manually into a dialog box during authentication
or using the same user name and password that was used to login into
Windows (single sign-on)? You can configure this in the authentication
tab and details for MSCHAPv2 (e.g., whether to try to authenticate as
host, etc.).

PS.

You seem to have both WEP keys and TKIP/CCMP configured in
hostapd.conf. If you are using WPA with TKIP/CCMP, you should not
configure wep_key_len_broadcast, wep_key_len_unicast, or
wep_rekey_period.