wpa_supplicant associates but dhcpcd cannot get IP address

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 6 11:29:22 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 07:12:03PM +0000, Craig L wrote:

> Initializing interface 'ath0' conf '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'default'
> Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
> Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
> eapol_version=1
> ap_scan=2

Please re-test with ap_scan=1 (the default value). I don't think madwifi
driver or driver interface in wpa_supplicant work with ap_scan=2. If
this does not work, please run wpa_supplicant manually with debugging
enabled (-dd) and without daemonizing it so that you can get full debug
log.