hostap/hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.4.4

Josh Howlett josh.howlett
Mon Aug 22 08:38:06 PDT 2005

> wpa_gui.exe is now included with the other Windows binaries. This is
> built with Qt 4.0.0 and should be more or less identical to the Qt3
> version used previously on Linux. wpa_gui.exe needs couple of DLLs
> (MinGW and Qt4) that may need to be installed separately. One way of
> getting them is to install Qt/Windows open source edition
> http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/windows.html.

Awesome :-)

But, installing the QT and MinGW stuff (>30MB) is a pain for ordinary
users. Would it be possible to avoid this?

One other thing: I can't get wpa_supplicant to see a network if I haven't
already added it as an SSID in the Windows wireless configuration. Am I
doing something wrong?

best regards, josh.

Josh Howlett, Networking & Digital Communications,
Information Systems & Computing, University of Bristol, U.K.
'phone: 0117 928 7850 email: josh.howlett at bris.ac.uk