about join cmd and handoff

Li Jian Song jian-song.li
Sun Aug 21 20:10:05 PDT 2005

Hello. It is the first time to post here although I visited here
frequently to view the message. Now I meet one big problem.

I did many experiments about L2 handover and did much modification about
hostap driver. And I think the handoff process may be describd as
following:

         Scan channel ,select one scan result and (re)associate with it.

HFA384X_RID_JOINREQUEST is the only way to (re)associate with the
selected AP(RIGHT?).However, I find that the firmware don't issue any
signal sometimes

 in the Air when I set rid with HFA384X_RID_JOINREQUEST. It really is
strange, so I have to set one timer to see if the join cmd is completed.

         I wonder if others encounter such problem and expect one
solution. Thanks before.

Jason Lee
CR, THOMSON Broadband R&D (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Tel: (86 10) 8273 0866 Ext. 8134
Fax: (86 10) 8273 0806
E-mail: jian-song.li at thomson.net <mailto:jian-song.li at thomson.net>