wpa_supplicant connection problem with PEAP in 802.1X (FreeRadius 1.01)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Apr 9 09:42:07 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 01:07:38PM +0800, YenJung Chang wrote:

> It seems FreeRadius evaluate the coming packet via the order of list
> in authorize section in radiusd.conf, and I put eap in the very end in
> the list, hence, wpa_supplicant spends more time to connect.
> And the time was reduced after I raised eap order in the list.
> BTW, do you have any idea how to reduce the connection time further,
> it still needs about 30 seconds even I raised eap to the top.

There's something odd in that setup. I can easily complete
PEAP authentication with FreeRADIUS in about 0.5 seconds even if both
the RADIUS server and EAP peer are running on the same host.

Please send a debug log from wpa_supplicant with timestamps enabled
(-ddt on the command line) from a case that takes about 30 seconds.