LinkStatus=6 (Association failed) on prism2.5 set

Mr. The Plague mrtheplague
Thu Apr 7 23:51:56 PDT 2005

Hi guys,

I've got a strange issue with Hostap and an IBM High-Rate mini-pci
card (a fancy name for "prism2.5 chipset"). I have all the parameters
configured for iwconfig properly, and in fact the same configuration
stanza (save changes for interface name) worked with the orinoco
drivers that debian installed by default. However, I really don't want
to use the orinoco drivers on any Prism card if I can help it.

Anyway, I ifup wlan0, but the card doesn't associate with the AP. I
have turned off MAC filtering on the gateway, so it's not that. I just
get a ton of these errors in the dmesg

wifi0: LinkStatus=6 (Association failed)
wifi0: LinkStatus: BSSID=44:44:44:44:44:44

I tried using an iwconfig wlan0 ap 00:0f:66:d7:a1:ad (which is the
BSSID of the router.)

wifi0: JoinRequest: BSSID=00:0f:66:d7:a1:ad channel=3
wifi0: LinkStatus=6 (Association failed)
wifi0: LinkStatus: BSSID=44:44:44:44:44:44

Anyway, I'm using my external Orinoco card which works fine on it's own drivers.