PCI NIC with external antenna

Greg M. Hochstrasser stexas
Wed Sep 15 16:25:36 PDT 2004

take a look here:

http://www.seattlewireless.net/

gmh

On Sep 15, 2004, at 7:13 AM, Lasse Riis wrote:

Hi

Now my wireless NIC in my thinkpad is finally running, so now I need an
AP at
home. But for people like me, standard APs are not good enough. :) As I
already have a server (PII 350 MHz) I think adding a wireless PCI NIC
with an
external antenna would be a better idea. However I can't seem to find
any
complete list of cards that actually work in host AP mode.
I've been looking at the "D-Link AirPro DWL-AB520" but I can't seem to
confirm
whether it actually works in host AP mode. So my question basically is:
Will
the D-link card work, and/or could you recommend other cards that have
these
properties.

Also, I'd like to hear from people who have some sort of VPN running on
their
Linux boxen running in host AP mode. Links, tutorials the works

Lasse Riis