WPA && bridge_packets dont work

Wilfried Klaebe wk-hostap
Thu Sep 9 03:33:35 PDT 2004

Am Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 06:49:13PM -0700 schrieb Jouni Malinen:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 04:04:58PM +0200, Wilfried Klaebe wrote:
>
> > I just tested with ieee8021x=0 and wpa=0 instead of ieee8021x=1 and wpa=2:
> > Same thing. ARP requests incoming on wlan0, but not showing up on br0.
> >
> > I also tried it the other way round: If I try to ping the laptop on the
> > WLAN, I can see the ARP requests going out on br0 and then eth0, but not
> > wlan0.
> >
> > It seems not to be a problem of encryption, then, but somewhere else.
>
> OK, that's good to know; limits the area quite a bit.
>
> > wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:40:05:AF:4B:C9
> >           inet6 addr: fe80::240:5ff:feaf:4bc9/64 Scope:Link
>
> Any particular reason for configuring that IPv6 address on wlan0? I
> don't know whether it can cause something like this, but you did not
> have similar address on eth0 and one should not configure IP addresses
> for the devices that are in a bridge..

Erm... They were there on the other devices, but I deleted the lines
there...

It's a link-local address, they're automatically configured for every
interface at "ifconfig up".

At the moment I'm trying to understand what happens after netif_rx() in
the upper layers in linux... I hope to find the problem (or at least
the solution) there. The packets do arrive in the upper layers correctly,
else tcpdump would not be able to see them, but then something seems to
hinder them from arriving at the bridge.

Regards, Wilfried
--
Irgendwas ist ja immer...