[Repost] Re: wpa_supplicant error when trying to use EAP-PEAP/GTC

Andrew Barr barr.156
Tue Oct 12 10:35:53 PDT 2004

NOTE: I already sent this message to Jouni, but it was too big for the list.
Here it is with bzip'ed attachements.

> It would be nice to get some log entries / debug log from the RADIUS
> server, but if that is not an option, getting this part of the debug log
> with full details (-ddd on command line) would be useful (please include
> everything from the beginning of the EAP negotiation up to and including
> this timeout; just remove your password from the config parsing phase).

It is more likely that it is a Meetinghouse AEGIS server because the
"official" client of the university is their Windows supplicant. Nontheless,
please find attached a trial run from 0.2.5. I let it time out and try a
couple times just to make sure I got everything. Command used
was:

wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dhostap -ddd

Config file:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
network={
? ? ? ? ssid="osuweb"
? ? ? ? key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
? ? ? ? eap=PEAP
? ? ? ? identity="username"
? ? ? ? password="password"
?# it gets farther in the authentication with the following line
? ? ? ? phase1="peaplabel=0"
?phase2="auth=GTC"
? ? ? ? priority=1
}

> It would also be helpful to get a packet capture from this kind of
> failed authentication. You can capture packet with, e.g., Ethereal or
> tcpdump from wlan0 interface in the client.

Also attached:

tcpdump -vv -i wlan0

Regards,
Andrew

P.S. Don't worry about passwords--I edited them out of the wpa_supplicant log
but I really can't to the same for tcpdump. Anyway, I'll be changing it once
I get things up and running.