dhcpd on wlan0 in master mode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Oct 11 21:19:10 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 02:06:02PM +1000, snai8255 at mail.usyd.edu.au wrote:

> however i see no response from the dhcp server going back to the sta.the server works fine with
> eth0.also "dhclient wlan0" works fine with other access points(not hostap)

Which DHCP server are you using? How is it configured? Is the AP using
bridging between wlan0 and eth0 or are you using IP routing? Can you see
te DHCP request from the client on the AP with a sniffer (e.g., tcpdump
on wlan0)? What about reply form the DHCP server? Does the DHCP server
log the request in syslog/debug log?

> not sure if this is an issue with the dhcp server or hostap in master mode?though i feel its got to
> do with hostap in master mode.

Maybe not that surprising, but I feel it's got more to do with the DHCP
server configuration than Host AP driver.. ;-)