Having problems sending DHCP information over wireless bridge

Jonathan Shahariw jms
Tue Oct 5 09:58:53 PDT 2004

Hi I have a network where we use a linux box with hostap running dhcpd to
allocate addresses.  Some of the wireless clients for this system are
Linksys WET11's that are a wireless to ethernet bridge.  The WET11's don't
have a problem associating to the wireless network.  However, the AP does
not send the dhcp replys to the hosts on the otherside of the wet11's
because they are not associated as they don't have wireless cards but talk
to the network via the WET11.  All other traffic goes through fine if the IP
address is set statically.  It seems that only the DHCP traffic is blocked
by hostap.

Does anyone know how to turn this off.

Jonathan