writemif & power control

Jon Baer security
Fri May 7 08:30:38 PDT 2004

This may or may not help on txpower control.

 From I gather on the power control there are a few things Id like to
know as well ... txpower was taken out of the hostap distribution +
thrown into a patch:

http://www.jikos.cz/~jbohac/hostap/

However I just flashed my card from 1.4.9 to 1.7.9
(http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/firmware/) without looking over
that page a bit more carefully ...

-snip-
All testing and debugging I have done so far was on 1.5.6, so this is
what I recommend. I don't have time nor hardware to test with different
versions.

People also reported that with 1.7.4 a and 1.8.0 the txpower restore did
not work. Again ... use 1.5.6 :) Update: on Jan 22 2004 I flashed my
cards to 1.7.4, and the patch really doesn't work. I will try to fix it
in the future.
-snip-

Is it "safe" to downgrade the firmware using prism2_sec?

Thanks.

- Jon