weird bridging problem

Pedro Ramalhais ramalhais
Tue Mar 16 04:27:02 PST 2004

I have read it, but i don't see the relation to my problem. This is mostly
the same setup as the WDS example.
One thing i forgot to mention: packets from wired2 to wired1 work, and the
packets from wired1 to wired2 get passed to wlan0 in hostap Master in some
weird format(a ping packet doesn't show as a ping packet in tcpdump), and
then it doesn't get passed to the bridge2.
Running tcpdump on hostap managed wlan0 shows the packets being sent ok.
So i think it has something to do with the reception of the packets on the
hostap Master side.

Peter said:
> maybe you want to read the "Wireless distribution system (WDS)" section
> in the hostap-driver-x/README file
>

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:41:53 -0000 (WET)
> "Pedro Ramalhais" <ramalhais at serrado.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I'm experiencing a weird problem with hostap and bridging.
>> my setup:
>>
>> wired1 -> bridge1 -> hostap managed (kernel 2.4.21/hostap 0.1.3 or
>> cvs)
>>                        | (wireless)
>> wired2 -> bridge2 -> hostap master (kernel 2.6.3/hostap 0.1.3)
>>
>> Any packet sent from wired1 and pasing the wireless link will get
>> dropped by the hostap driver running in master mode:
>>

>> wlan0: dropped received packet from non-associated STA
>> 52:54:00:e8:65:a2(type=0x02, subtype=0x00) handle_ap_item - data frame
>> wlan0: Could not find STA 52:54:00:e8:65:a2 for this TX error
>> (@18413321)
>>
>> 52:54:00:e8:65:a2 the MAC-address from a machine connected to wired1.
>>
>> How can i debug/fix this even further?
>> Any help/ideas are welcome.
>> Thanks.
>> --