roaming Problem

Robel Daher daher
Mon Mar 15 07:35:08 PST 2004

Hallo There,

I use the Hostap Driver with the PC-Card NetGear MA401, on Linux-Fedora.
I have the following Problem:
I initialized the card in Managed Mode and try to make manual roaming
through the wireless tool of Hostap, like what the Readme file of Hostap
said, but it didn't function every time. The card/driver often didn't
accept the AP-MAC. It was not logic; sometimes the driver accepted it,
but not always. However, if the driver had accepted the new AP for one
time, then it functioned with other AP-MACs. My code was as following:

iwpriv wlan0 host_roaming 2
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
iwconfig wlan0 essid mtr
iwconfig wlan0 ap      01:00:3F:..

It'd be my pleasure, if someone sends some suggestion to solve this
Problem.

Thanks in advance,
Robel