dwl520e problem using hostap_fw_load

jeff pickering jpickering
Wed Mar 10 12:30:11 PST 2004

I thought maybe I required the kernel-patches, depsite the fact they are
not described
in hostap-driver/README. So I upgraded to 2.4.24 which has a patches
file and
enabled hostap in linux make xconfig. Now I when I do modprobe
hostap_pci, I get:

hostap_pci.o: init_module: No such device

Which leads me to ask:

1) Do I need the kernel patches? If so, what needs to be set in make
xconfig?
2) After restart, what if anything, needs to be done before modprobe
hostap_pci?

Cheers,
Jeff