WPA enabled access point...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Mar 2 18:41:47 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:58:48PM -0600, mrcool at stupidgamerz.com wrote:

> My question is, how do you make a hostap access point usa WPA.  What needs to
> be done to make the WPA access point, not the client stuff, but the access
> point.  The info in the Readme  appears to be for the client side...  Again,
> if this has been covered, could someone point me to the correct posts??

I haven't yet written any instructions for this apart from the brief
comments in the example hostapd.conf file. Please take a look at the end
of that file (from CVS snapshot of development branch) and ask for more
details, if the comments are not enough.

For minimal case, just add "wpa=1" and "wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-EAP" into
hostapd.conf if RADIUS/IEEE 802.1X is used for authentication (this is
configured just like for non-WPA case). If you want to use WPA-PSK, add
"wpa=1" and "wpa_passphrase=your secret passphrase" into the
configuration file.