Problem with WDS connection

Pedro Ramalhais ramalhais
Sun Jun 20 04:33:04 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 12:21, arttysta wrote:
> HI.
>
> I'have problem with wds connection after few minutes pings rise to 300
> ms(and more) , Why?
>
> I'm using hostap 0.1.3 and bridge utils 1.0.4 .
>
> My WDS looks like that :
> br0                                        br0
> GW wlan0 --------wds---------wlan0wds0
> (master mode                    Managed mode
> wds_type 4                        wds_type 2
> bridge_packets 0                bridge_packets 0
> ap_bridge_packets 0            ap_bridge_packets 0
> hostapd(acl control)
>
> My debug log shows something like this:
> Jun 20 13:28:34 art kernel: AP: drop packet to non-associated STA
> xx:xx:xx:xx:03:77
> Jun 20 13:28:34 art kernel: AP: drop packet to non-associated STA
> xx:xx:xx:xx:03:77
>
> what is wrong ??
> Can any one help?
>
> ART

It doesn't look like you're using WDS at all.
Fist, you should have both wireless cards in Master mode, then you
should run wds_add $OTHER_AP_MAC in both cards so you get a wlan0wds0
interface in both cards and you should see Repeater mode in iwconfig,
then wds_type should be the same in both cards, etc... read the README,
it has an example on how to build a WDS link.
--
Pedro Ramalhais <ramalhais at serrado.net>