Orinoco card issue

Brian Sturgill zen_hacker
Tue Jun 8 18:03:51 PDT 2004

I have the same problem the guy in this archive had (
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-September/004244.html ) I
checked the /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/(mac address file) and a lot of the
packets are being sent at 2 and 5 Mbps. This was tested with the client less
than 5 feet from the hostap machine and I also tested it about 30 feet away
with the same result.  I can send a file via ftp to another machine on my
network and the speed is approx 470kb/s and then if I tranfer it from that
same machine back, I only get 152kb/s down. The link test shows the hostap
machine receiving at 11mb/s and the client at 2mb/s. I also saw the reply
about TXRateControl. Which key do you add this to in the registry? I tried
the orinoco card on an orinoco access point and it shows 11mb/s on both
sides of the link test. Ftp of files are the same in upload as in download
(470kb/s). My other clients to the hostap machine work fine and they are
Prism based cards. (One Senao 200mW and the other is a Linksys Wet 11). Any
info on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian