Kernel panic

sankpal_manisha sankpal_manisha
Thu Jun 3 21:55:44 PDT 2004

Hello All,
I am facing a strange problem with hostap driver of 0.0.4 version.

When I made a laptop work as an AP, it works fine. Then i have carried out a expt which contains two APs.

one is soekris board net4521 with pebble version 39 installed on it and it contains netgate mini-PCI card.
 other AP is compaq armada laptop with hostap 0.0.4 and compaq WL100 PCMCIA card.

The client is IBM laptop containg winXP on it.. first the client is associated with soekris board.. all is well...

when i moved the client away from the soekris AP and nearar to Compaq laptop i obiviously noticed that the signal strength of soekris AP is degraded .So according to standard, the client should able to associate with new AP,which is compaq laptop in my case....

but when the client was nearer to compaq laptop, the following messages occur....

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
0000000e0
..
..
..many register address
..
..
..
Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

and the laptop stops working.

so what may be the problem.....
please give me a clue,....

thanks in advance
manishaIndiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
HelpClick on the image to chat with me