Hostap and WPA?

Hafeez hafeezr
Tue Jun 1 08:18:36 PDT 2004

I want to setup a wireless workstation using WPA security. I have updated my
Netgear MA401 pcmcia card with the following firmware:

NICID: id=0x800c v1.0.0 (PRISM II (2.5) PCMCIA (SST parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.0.7
STAID: id=0x001f v1.8.0 (station firmware)

I only upgraded station firmware. Do I have to upgrade primary too?
I used flash.exe in dos mode. It upgraded the station firmware ok, but I did
recieve verification errors, but my card still runs ok under linux, using
hostap 0.1.3 driver, and is quite stable.

I did kill my Dlink DWL-650 using windows update couple of days ago.

I am using Fedora Core 2, I downloaded hostap rpm using ATRpms. Since I was
not able to compile the hostap under FC2, I had to use it. hostap-utils
complained about downloading firmware.

Can anyone please point me to the document explaining setting up wpa on
hostap. I am using Netgear WG602 Access point.

My other windows workstations are using WPA, so I want to change my linux
workstation to it too.

-Hafeez