[Acx100-users] Re: RFC: more finegrained configuration of 11b/11g rates and modulations

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jul 29 06:20:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:55:25PM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> I want to be able to precisely tell my hardware which rates
> to use and which to skip. I want *complete control*.
> We are not Windows, are we?

I would want that for testing purposing, but this does not sound like
something that I would be using under "normal use" of the network. For
testing, I would actually just need to be able to specify one fixed
rate, so it would not need to be this complex either.

> I know that e.g. 2Mbit rate is not working good at all on
> my acx111. I don't care whether AP supports/advertises it
> or not. I want acx111 to skip that rate.

Shouldn't the TX rate control algorithm take care of this automatically?