Help in installing HOSTAP driver

navaneeth navaneeth
Wed Jul 28 03:42:25 PDT 2004

Hi Utin , Ferguson,

         Thanks a lot for your help. I downloaded the hostap driver and built it.

I modifed the config and the hostap_cs.conf file with my card info

card "Lucent Technologies". "WaveLAN/IEEE"  , "Version 01.01", ""
manfid:  0X0156, 0X0002
bind "hostap_cs"

But the interface waln0 never shows up in iwconfig.

I did the following.

1. Built the kernel:
     - copied /boot/config to /usr/src/linux/.config.
     - make old_config
     - make bzImage
     - make modules
     - mkinitrd
     - make modules_install
     - copied image to /boot
     - modified grub.conf.

2.  I did the following to install hostap-driver:
     - make clean
     - make
     - make install.

when I rebooted the wlan0 never showed up in iwconfig.

1. I think we have to load the wireless firmware. How do we do it ??.

Have I missed anything ??.. why is the wlan0 interface not showing up ??

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards
Navaneeth