IRQ interrupt problem& HOSTAP

gaurav dawra openapproject
Wed Jul 21 16:29:54 PDT 2004

Hi

i am trying to load the netgear 802.11b card with hostap. Well i have tested
it in some other machine it working fine with hostap.

I have this other PC104 machine whose ISA/PCI/Cardbus is detected. But when
i start the PCMCIA service

/etc/init.d/pcmcia start.

It beeps once with HIGH frequency which i am assuming suggest that the card
has been detected. But the "KEYBOARD" stops working. Mouse works fine. I
cannot able to check anything expect move mouse around :). It seems like it
is an issue with IRQ and interrupts. I am also writing the output of my
"more /proc/interrupts" command

0: TIMER
1: Keyboard
2: cascase
10: eth0
12: PS/2 mouse
14 :ide

In the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file i have excluded:

IRQ 4, 3, 2, 1, 7,12

But it still does not work. Please sugest like what else i can try on it.

Looking forward to a quick reply,

--Gaurav