strange behavior

Sameer Moidu smoidu
Wed Jul 21 13:39:43 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm running some tests of wireless performance, and I'm running into
strange behavior using the hostap driver on a prism 2.5 card.
Basically, I use prism2_params to set host_roaming to 1, and then bind
to a specific access point. A script runs that will switch rates
between 11, 5.5, 2 and 1. At each rate, I start a program thats only
goal is to send and receive 500 packets, with the size adjusted so
that the total bandwidth is 500 kbits/sec. For some reason, when doing
this, I happen to be disconnected from the access point at a distance
of 42 feet, in a hallway where I have managed to connect previously at
100 feet.

Additionally, there are other problems such as inability to actually
send and receive 500 packets at a distance of 2 feet from the access
point, which doesn't make any sense at all.

Thanks,

Sameer