prism2_rx vs hostap_rx_skb

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jul 19 19:18:02 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 04:14:15PM -0400, Sameer Moidu wrote:

> I was just wondering in which situation each of these functions is
> called. My intuition tells me the prism2 version is called for when
> the card is not operating as an access point and the other version is
> called for the case where it is.

They are both used for all packets regardless of the mode. prism2_rx()
reads the frame from hardware and adds it to a processing queue (this
used to be done in hardware interrupt and could still be called if bus
mastering is used) and hostap_rx_skb() is called for each packet in this
queue (this is called from tasklet, i.e., outside hw interrupt handler).