TX bytes/packets counter doubled with driver 0.2.3

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jul 5 16:51:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 01:03:52PM +0200, wasik wrote:

> I'm using hostap-driver-0.2.3 and I have noticed that ifconfig shows TX
> bytes and packets couter with twice more packets than what was actually
> sent to transmit.

> I was able to find out that counter is incremented in fuctions
> hostap_data_start_xmit and hostap_master_start_xmit which both get
> called on each TX packet (is this correct ?) and both increment same
> counter once refferenced as iface->stats and once as meta->iface->stats.

Both places were supposed to increment counters; however, not the same
counter.. I fixed this now in the CVS version. In addition, I fixed the
RX side to increment both wifi# and wlan# statistics for data frames.