TX bytes/packets counter doubled with driver 0.2.3

wasik wasik
Mon Jul 5 04:03:52 PDT 2004

Hello,
I'm using hostap-driver-0.2.3 and I have noticed that ifconfig shows TX
bytes and packets couter with twice more packets than what was actually
sent to transmit. I test it with arp -s 10.101.5.130 01:02:03:04:05:06;
ping -c 1 10.101.5.130, on ethernet ifconfig shows exactly one packet
and 116 bytes increase, on wlan ifconfig shows 2packets and 232 bytes
increase.
I was able to find out that counter is incremented in fuctions
hostap_data_start_xmit and hostap_master_start_xmit which both get
called on each TX packet (is this correct ?) and both increment same
counter once refferenced as iface->stats and once as meta->iface->stats.

Thanks for help,
Jan Wasserbauer