Questions about DLink card

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jul 1 20:44:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 05:43:35PM -0700, T.J. Kniveton wrote:

> I am testing with a Prism2.5 card, the SMC2532W-B (which shows up in the
> system log as a Zcomax XI-325H 200mW), and also want to try the D-Link
> DWL-650, rev P1.
>
> With the D-link, when I insert the card, the sys log shows that it was
> recognized as the proper card, and the HostAP driver is activated.
> However; when I issue a "ifconfig wlan0 up", it fails to bring the
> interface up. Any successive iwconfig commands fail.

D-Link DWL-650 Rev P1 does not have primary or secondary (station)
firmware images in the flash and consequently, these will need to be
loaded for the card initialization. See utils/hostap_fw_load for an
example script for doing this. This has been discussed in quite a bit of
detail on this mailing list before, so it should be quite easy to find
more information.