Firmware upgrade fails - ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_DOWNLOAD]: No such device

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jan 27 06:27:17 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:08:00AM +0200, Stefan Lesicnik wrote:

> Im trying to upgrade my firmware, this is what i get
>
> The test without the -f says Ok.

> odie utils # ./prism2_srec -v -f wlan0 /home/glock/sf010704.hex

> Note! This can take about 30 seconds. Do _not_ remove card during
> download. ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_DOWNLOAD]: No such device
>
> Download failed!

Which version of the driver are you using? Is prism2_srec from a package
with matching version? What does 'dmesg' show after the download
attempt? Is the card still working after this?