Question on prism PLX setup

Matt firestorm-v1
Sun Jan 11 18:22:03 PST 2004

I have an existing AP that I am using to test the HostAP driver with
before I pitch it..

I was able to successfully compile and install the HostAP driver and it
seems to be functioning well however it is stuck on running in 2mbit
mode.  I have tried 'iwconfig wlan0 rate 11M' and 'iwconfig wlan0 rate
auto' but to no avail.  I do not think this is a signal issue as the AP
and the NIC are less than three feet away from each other.

: Output of iwconfig wlan0

wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"fuck_off"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462GHz  Access Point:
00:30:BD:C5:B0:EA
          Bit Rate:2Mb/s   Sensitivity=1/3
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:92/92  Signal level:-22 dBm  Noise level:-100 dBm

Am I overlooking something?

thanks in advance

FIRESTORM_v1