pcmcia-cs support in CVS?

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Mon Jan 5 04:11:33 PST 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 11:27, Roy Badami wrote:
>  > I replaced CardServices() calls with matching pcmcia_*() functions just
>  > a week or so ago. Apparently, the external pcmcia-cs modules do not
>  > provide the new functions. You might be able to "fix" this be reverting
>  > changes in rev 1.47 of driver/modules/hostap_cs.c in the CVS.
>
> Thanks, I'll give this a try.
>
>  > so I'm kind of prepared to "officially" drop support for the
>  > external pcmcia-cs modules in the development branch of Host AP
>  > driver (stable branch and 0.1.x versions would still work with
>  > external modules). Are there good reasons not to do this?
>
> Well, obviously I'd like support to stay, since I can't get the kernel
> stuff to work with my hardware :-/
>
> I'm probably in a rather small minority, though, and you won't be the
> only one to do this (eg AFAIK the prism54 driver is only supported
> with kernel PCMCIA)
>
> 	-roy

Curiously I am having a problem with the Debian setup of the hostap
package (which is realise is not really the province of this list) whereby
it works quite happily with the 2.4 kernel with the kernel pcmcia
support, with the 2.6 kernel it insists that it needs the external
pcmcia support.  This happens when doing all the compiles etc using
the proper Debian make-kpkg etc.

David